From local high schools to the Olympic stage, specialized facilities give athletes the venues they need for excellence. Constructing state-of-the-art tracks and fields takes an intentional approach based on sport-specific requirements, safety, accessibility, and long-term durability. As leaders in athletic facility construction, T3 Global Projects collaborates closely with clients to build athletic track and field.
Planning Based on Use The right layout and design is determined by a facility’s primary use and activities. Key considerations include:
- Track shape and length based on competition level – Standard 400m oval or smaller 200m tracks
- Field event areas for jumps, throws, etc. with appropriate runways
- Seating capacity suited to average crowds and peak events
- Locker rooms, concessions, restrooms, and storage support spaces
- Concessions for overlapping uses like football, soccer, lacrosse, or marching bands
- Accommodations like parking, elevators and ramps for accessibility
By factoring in the range of athletic, school, and community programs served, facilities can be customized for optimal function.
The subsurface, base construction, and surface materials directly impact safety and performance.
- Drainage systems below prevent water pooling under tracks and fields.
- Graded aggregate provides a stable base that resists shifting and settling over decades of use.
- Asphalt or poured rubber tracks offer the right combination of shock absorption, grip, and durability for runners.
- Synthetic turf provides green, lush playing fields ready for action in any weather.
- Consistent surfaces help athletes tailor technique, speed, and exertion for top results season after season.
Safety in All Aspects Athletic venues require ample safety precautions for normal use, crowds, and weather:
- Track lanes, equipment sectors, and seating meet occupancy code requirements
- Track curves are elevated for effective drainage and banked for athlete safety
- Field surfaces like turf and landing pits reduce impact and injury risks
- Fences, netting, and surface perimeter curb appeal help contain stray projectiles from field events
- Lightning prediction and warning systems protect athletes and spectators during storms
- Padding on goals, poles, fences, and other structures cushion impacts
Thoughtful design, construction oversight, and proactive maintenance ensure athlete and spectator safety.
Built to Last With heavy daily use and exposure to weather, athletic facilities need robust construction.
- Metal bleachers, fences, poles, and buildings resist rust and corrosion through galvanization and specialized coatings.
- Masonry finishes stand up to rain, sun, and winter weathering. Graffiti coatings help maintain aesthetics.
- Waterproofing protects interior locker rooms and storage against flooding or moisture damage.
Quality materials withstand the elements season after season while reducing long-term repair and replacement costs.
Partnering for Success For an athletic complex aligned with your school or organization’s vision, partner with experienced sports facility contractors like T3 Global Projects. Our integrated design-build approach delivers highly specialized tracks, fields, courts, and more to give athletes room to thrive. Let’s team up to build your field of dreams!